How do I recover damages from an auto accident that I was ticketed for but did not believe I should have been ticketed and took it to court and was found not guilty how do I recover 4 damages to my vehicle

I was hit from behind in a parking lot
initially I was ticketed for improper
backing I took it to court and was
found to be not guilty now there is
still damage to my vehicle and the
insurance company will not pay for my
damages how do I recover for my damages

Asked on June 12, 2017 under Accident Law, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Since the other driver's insurance company has denied your claim, your only recourse is to sue the at-fault driver for negligence.  Depending on the amount of your damages (amount you are seeking to recover), you may be able to file your lawsuit in small claims court. 
If you prevail in the case, you can recover compensation for your property damage (cost of repairs to your vehicle) and court costs which include the court filing fee and process server fee.
You can enforce the court judgment against the other party with a wage garnishment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.