How do I pursue a case after the EEOC has closed it?

I attempted to terminate a white employee for falsifying his timecard just like I terminated a black employee

previously. After I informed my white supervisor that I intended to terminate the white employee, I was told to hold off as he would discuss it with the franchise owner. 12 hours later, I was terminated by the franchise owner without warning based on my

Asked on March 2, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, South Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

What you received from the EEOC explains what you have to do: you have a "Notice of Right to Sue." That means you can go ahead and sue the employer for compensation for their wrongful termination of you. That is how you pursue the matter: by a lawsuit. Contact an employment law attorney to help you.
And note: while you believe that the text messages, etc. were doctored, that has not been proven yet in a court, so there is no legal determination that these materials were false.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.