How do I provide a third of my estate to my disabled daughter who is 56 and onSSI from a brain injury?

Asked on July 27, 2012 under Estate Planning, Pennsylvania


Andrew Goldberg

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You should definitely call an attorney who specializes in Estate Law. Simply stated, you would bequeath the 1/3 share of your estate into a trust for your disabled daughter. Tou would then name a Trustee to manage and administer your daughter's Trust, under your Will. In your Will, the Trust would be identified, the Trustee would be named, and the Will would describe the type of Trust and how and when the  money in the Trust would be used or even distributed. The trust provisions in your Will could provide for ongoing payment of rent, medical  expenses. . .

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.