How do I move with a restricted license?

I have to have a ignition interlock on my car for 6months. Problem is I don’t have a car and wanted to move to another state and just do my 6months there but I hear I can’t get mg license in Georgia until I get a license in Washington first. What’s the best way of doing this without losing a lot of money?

Asked on August 1, 2012 under Criminal Law, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The best way to do the move that you need to do is to have a friend rent a moving van and you accompany the friend who is doing the drive on the move. If you drive, you need to make sure the interlock device is in place on the vehicle.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.