How do I make changes to my original divorce decree?

I do not need an attorney as my ex-spouse and I agree on the changes. Where can I obtain the forms?

Asked on November 13, 2012 under Family Law, Nebraska


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The best way to get the necessary forms for changes in your marital decree is to go down to your local county law library and ask the law librarian for assistance concerning a stipulation and order for the chnages if you and your "ex" have an agreement as to the desired changes.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.