How do I legally keep a contractor off of my property?

I am dealing with a confrontational, unprofessional contractor. I will
be hiring an attorney to help sort out most of the issues. In the
meantime, I’m wondering what I can legally do in Colorado to keep him
from returning to my property without my permission.

Asked on October 3, 2017 under Real Estate Law, Colorado


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Call the police. If he enters your property after being told is not welcome and not permitted to come on to your property, he is committing the crime of trespassing and may be arrested. No private person has the right to enter or go onto your property against your will.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.