How do I get my parental rights reinstated?

Asked on January 24, 2013 under Family Law, Oklahoma


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Once parental rights are terminated they, as a generl rule, cannot be reinstated (especially if a subsequent adoption of the child in question has taken palce). It would take some extraordinary circumstance to even be able to consider doing it (and the reason for the termination in the first place would also be considered). Since you gave no details, it's hard to say. At this point, you need to speak dierectly with a famiy law attorney in your area.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.