How do I get a decision reversed on a restraining order if there is no evidence of abuse and it’s only my word against the plaintiff ?

Asked on November 6, 2012 under Criminal Law, Georgia


W. Charlton Allen / Charlton Allen & Associates, P.C.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The format of your question tell me that an order has been issued. Depending the day it was issued, you may be able to ask for a reconsideration or appeal the order.  since you question does not have a lot of facts, you need to contact an attorney from the county where the order was issued, soon. You have 30 days from the issuance to do either.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.