How do I get a change of venue in my child support and custody from one county to another?

Do I have to go through a lawyer or can a form be filed?

Asked on December 10, 2012 under Family Law, New Hampshire


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You can file a petition on your own to try and change venue of the child support and custody matter you have written about from one county to another. I suggest that you may want to consult with a family law attorney to get the proper forms in order for filing. If not, go to your county law library and ask the librarian for assistance in the needed pleadings.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.