How do I finance a new vehicle when money is owed on the old one after a discharged Chapter 7 bankruptcy?

Asked on February 10, 2013 under Bankruptcy Law, Wisconsin


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If you were successful on a Chapeter 7 bankruptcy discharge then whatever money you owe on your old vehicle is discharged. In order to finance a new vehicle, you need to do such like any other person. You apply for a loan for the vehicle and hope that you get the loan. Your bankruptcy may prevent you from getting the loan. I suggest that you go to your bank and see what it can do for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.