How do I file an ineffective legal counsel motion?

My lawyers failed to represent my claims, fraudulently tricked me into an appeal trial, and abandoned me the day before my trial because I did not pay them the money they were trying to extort from me.

Asked on August 28, 2013 under Criminal Law, Alabama


Maury Beaulier /

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Ineffective Assistance of counsel may be a basis to seek post conviction relief  or appellate relief in a criminal case depending on what occurred at trial.  However, a full review of the proceedings would be necessary to determine what actoin is appropriate.  there are time contraints for filing an appeal, and, as aresult, you must consult with legal counsel on your matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.