How do I file a contempt of court and get a court date?

Asked on November 13, 2012 under Family Law, Washington


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Do an internet search for Washington State courts. The first link should be the courts. In the left hand hyperlinks, there should be something about court forms. The first set of court forms are under the heading of Ending the Marriage and there is a link regarding contempt. It should bring you to a form page where you can download the form you need.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.