How do I cancel temporary guardianship forms?

I thought out of everyone in my family I could trust my uncle who I signed temporary guardianship over to him and his wife,however they are breaking verbal agreements concerning my daughters father. How do I termination this form I signed with no lawyer present?

Asked on November 12, 2012 under Family Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The best way to end the temporary custody form that you gave is to create a new document specifically terminating it and delivering it to your uncle and his wife. Given what you have written, I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney to assist you in the endeavor you want to do.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.