How do I become Power of Attorney for my grandfather who I am already Court Order Conservator and Guardianship for?

Asked on March 25, 2014 under Estate Planning, Michigan


Marjorie DeCastro-Hirsch / The Law Offices of DeCastro-Hirsch, P.A.

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

An attorney will need to review your documents to determine the best way to proceed in your case. It also depends on the mental state of your grandfather. I would recommend you at least consult with an attorney to determine the best way to proceed in your case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.