How can we get one sibling out of my deceased mother’s house?

My mother just passed leaving me as her executor. My dad has alzheimers and is in a nursing home. I am his power of atty. There are 4 siblings to which each is given an equal share of the parents mobile home worth less than 59k. One sibling lives there after losing her house that my parents gave her next door to foreclosure. She now claims ownership of my parents mobile home and lives there but does not pay any of the bills. The three of us need her out to fix the place up and sell it. Then we can divide the proceeds equally per my parents’ Worneill. How do we get her out?

Asked on March 14, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Florida


david slater / david p.slater, esq.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Her will must go to probate and you must be appointed Personal Representative by court.  You can then bring an eviction proceeding. Your sister would also owe rent and her share of the expenses.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.