How can I seal and destroy an adult arrest record?

I am a 25 year old female that was arrested for a felony charge of domestic violence. The night of the arrest, I was the one who called the police regarding a domestic argument over belongings. The situation then turned into a domestic violence case when injuries were found on my boyfriend and myself. My boyfriend had friends testify in his defense and I was arrested. However, he did not want to press charges and he communicated this to the police officers at the time. The police report also had faulty claims as to what injuries were found. Is there any way to seal this arrest record?

Asked on February 28, 2012 under Criminal Law, California


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.