If my old boss says that he will withdraw

He will withdraw the

Asked on September 1, 2016 under Criminal Law, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you can still be charged. Once a crime is reported, it's up to the authorities--i.e. the police and prosecutors--whether to prosecute or not; it is not up to the victim or witness. The authorities may well choose to dismiss if asks them to do so and explains that you repaid the money, but be aware that he cannot guaranty that they will do so, because it is not under their control.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.