How can I make my boyfriend a premanent resident?

My boyfriend is from Honduras and we want to make him a permanent resident. How can we go about making this happen without him leaving the states?

Asked on July 15, 2012 under Immigration Law, Louisiana


Gene Meltser, Esq. / BIRG & MELTSER

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you are a US citizen and planning on marrying him -she will not have to leave the US to get his Green Card. I would be glad to help! Please contact me directly at [email protected] How old are you?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.