How can I keep my ex from sending my 4 year old child to a school I do not approve of?

I have an injunction against him and he has primary residence of my son until the final court order comes through for custody. We have a temporary court order for shared parental responsibility.

Asked on September 8, 2012 under Family Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Usually in the family court system where there is a dispute between the parents as to where the minor child that each has shared custody over as to school attendance the court sends the parents to mediation to try and iron out their differences.

If mediation does not resolve the school attendance issue, the court then makes the decision where the child will attend school. If you do not have a family law attorney assisting you in your matter, I suggest that you consult with one.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.