How can I get rid of some disriptive/ violent tenant neighbors?

Recently my neighbors have attacked another neighbors grandkids and put them in the hospital with some very severe injuries. These tenants are very terrible neighbors and have been for years. This violent and drug type of activity is not safe or what I want my children surrounded by. I need to find a way to get rid of them ASAP since the landlords aren’t showing much care to the situation ans issues. These neighbors are so bad that the local PD has offered assistance in their removal as well. Can you please help as many neighbors are willing to do whatever it takes at this point?

Asked on August 15, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you contact your landlord about the situation you are having with the next door neighbors via telephone and in writing to see what can be done to resolve the situation. If your landlord knows about a disruptive situation that you are writing about, he or she is under some duty to try and see what can be done particularly of the difficult tenants are tenants of your own landlord.

If your landlord does not do anyhting about the situation, I suggest that you consult with a landlord tenant attorney to see about the possibility of a restraining order against the neighbors or if circumstances warrant you ending your lease with your landlord without recourse.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.