How can I get my medical records removed from a case?

My husband has been charged with severe charges that could result un him doing a lot of time. The state was able to obtain my medical records as evidence against him even though I never consented to them looking at my medical records.. the state said they have rights to my records because the hospital is the one who called them and gave them to the pokice.. is there anything that I can do to despuye that and have my medical files removed from his case since I so have a right to privacy? The state prosecuters have been very rude theough this whole process with me and have even mocked me

Asked on July 27, 2012 under Criminal Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The best way to prevent your medical records from being introduced into evidence with respect to your husband's crinminal matter is for you to consult with your own attorney about filing a motion to prevent the records from being introduced into evidence as a violation fo your Constitutional Right of Privacy. You attorney should coordinate matters with the presumed criminal defense attorney of your husband.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.