How can I get my licence back if I did not attend the classes?

It has been 14 years since my last incident and it is a hardship for my wife and I; if she cannot get to work we will have no income.

Asked on January 9, 2013 under Criminal Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

In order to get your driver's license back per the terms of your presumed criminal conviction as to the DUI, you will need to make arrangements with the court that sentenced you to complete the terms of your sentence. Once done then you should be entitled to apply for your driver's license. I suggest that you may want to consult with a criminal defense attorney to assist you in your quest.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.