How can I get a warrant recalled that is going to be placed for me evading arrest?

Asked on November 8, 2014 under Criminal Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

A warrant can only be recalled by the judge and agency involved in the issuance of the warrant.  This doesn't mean you can't help the process along, however.  If the warrant is a duplicate warrant, then you would want to have an attorney bring that fact to the prosecutor's and court's attention.  If the warrant is not a duplicate warrant and this will be the first time you have been arrested on this charge, but the charge if not a legitimate charge, then your attorney can file a writ or motion for examining trial to quash the arrest subject to the warrant.  You want an attorney to assist you because once you show up to personally challenge the warrant, law enforcement will simply arrest you and only think about asking questions regarding the legitimacy of the warrant later.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.