How can I get a felony record expunged?

I have a felony record; I served time for the crime. I have not been in any trouble for 20+ years and this is the only thing on my record. I found the form I need to fill out but the law regarding expungement doesn’t seem to be in my favor. But I am not sure that I understand the law correctly. How can I get this off my record so I can get a promotion at work?

Asked on February 27, 2012 under Criminal Law, Oklahoma


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.