How can I get a divorce fast

I haven’t seen my husband for almost 3
years and we have nothing between us..I
don’t have a car with him or a house and
no kids..I need a fast divorce i won’t
go back to him.

Asked on August 20, 2018 under Family Law, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

You have no assets or children together so it sounds as if it should be fairly uncomplicated.  Do you have a pension or does he?  That is still an asset, as are bank accounts.  If it is uncontested then I will give you a link to the Florida Court system on filing.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.