How can I get a disorderly conduct off my record?

I got a ticket for disorderly conduct because when I was outside of a movie theatre I had just left I showed my friend the taser that I had just bought; I pushed the button to make it go off and the guy behind me was an off-duty police officer. He detainted me and called a cop that was on duty and they gave me a ticket. How can I fight it to where it doesn’t show up on my record? I didn’t actually tase anyone; I was just showing my friend.

Asked on March 24, 2012 under Criminal Law, Texas


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Not certain if you have been convicted of disorderly conduct or if you have only been charged with it, but typically if this is your first ever criminal offense, most courts will allow you to keep this off your record after you complete a term of probation, community service, or sometimes just a fine. If you have been convicted, and it appears on your criminal record as a conviction, then you must have the offense criminally expunged to have a clean record.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.