How Can I get a copy of Humanitarian Visa?

My husband came to the US on a Humanitarian Visa
on February 13th 2003 but we cant find or show
proof that he came legally. He no longer has the Visa
because his family turned it in at the San Antonio
Airport. He was 16 at the time so his mom told him to
stay with her in the US. Is there anyway we can find
a copy of it?

Asked on October 21, 2017 under Immigration Law, Texas


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Are there any notations in his passport regarding his entry?  what country is he from and where was this visa obtained?  Does his mother have any of the documentation from the time of their entry to the US?  If he entered lawfully there must be a record of it somewhere, whether it is in his passport or in the mother's documentation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.