How can I clear my sons name of something he did not do?

My son is stilled being charged for something that he did when he was 11 years old. At age 11 he was detained at a boys facility for rape, but in all actually he and a girl his same age called themselves boyfriend,girlfriend. The girls mother caught them in a car in her backyard together, my son had to go away to a reform school and did what he had to do to pay restitution, since 2006, he has lived as a sex offender,but does not have to register as a sex offender. I need someone to help me prove these people wrong. My SON is Far from an offender. PLEASE HELP!

Asked on May 20, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I'm not sure what can be done about this, but you should talk to a criminal defense attorney in your area.  One place to look for counsel is our website,

In most cases, juvenile court records are sealed, so that nobody (with very limited exceptions, mostly for law enforcement) can see them.  However, getting the conviction undone is probably going to be almost impossible, because this happened years ago.  And you'll want to be prepared, when you talk to a lawyer, to explain what evidence you have to prove your son's innocence, and why that evidence wasn't available at his trial.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.