How can I add more family members to my house title?


I hope you are doing well. I was wondering, how can I add more family members to
my house title? There are currently three people on the house title. I’m wanting
to add an additional four family members. How can I do this and how much will it
cost me? Also, how long does it take to do a quit claim deed in Washington state?

Thank you


Asked on August 16, 2018 under Real Estate Law, Washington


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

You add people to the title of a house by having a new deed prepared adding them to the part that says "grantee".  All the titled owners have to sign the new deed under "grantor".  You are best to speak with an attorney about doing this and which deed is best under your situation.  There are "better" deeds for title that quit claim.  As for the cost, there are also filing fees set by the county clerk.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.