How can a non US citizen that is residing outside the US invest in businesses and real estate in the US, and would the person be able to receive a Green card through such a process?

Asked on November 5, 2015 under Immigration Law, California


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can invest in business and real estate in the US but that in and of itself does not qualify you to receive a green card.  There is a category of entrepreneur visa that would qualify you, provided you invest sufficient amount of money, create US worker jobs, etc. and submit a petition to USCIS which is approved.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.