How and where do I go to file child support or child support abandonment and what is the quickest way to receive it?

Asked on November 26, 2012 under Family Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Assuming your child's parent has abandoned your child and is not paying for child support, I suggest that you either consult with a family law attorney for assistance in your matter or go to your county's district attorney's office, family support division to discuss what your legal options are.

Possibly your county's district attorney's office may intervene and act on your minor child's behalf in seeking child support from the absent parent.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.