Hit and run

I was involved in a hit and run
accident and don’t know what to do. All
I have is the other car owner’s name.
That’s it.

Asked on June 3, 2017 under Accident Law, Ohio


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

If you have uninsured motorist coverage on your auto insurance policy, file an uninsured motorist claim with your insurance company.  If there is no insurance on the part of the at-fault party, then your insurance company will pay for the property damage (cost of repairs) to your vehicle.  I assume that you were not injured since you did not mention it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.