Can some who has been approved for advance parole, travel to another country other than the one notified on parole application?

Since they asked what other countries you will visit. In my case I want to go to Mexico, where they allowed me to travel, then from Mexico to Guatemala, go back to Mexico and then to the US.

Asked on September 16, 2015 under Immigration Law, Massachusetts


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Advance parole is a travel document for returning to the US.  They ask for which countries you intend to travel to just for information only you can travel to other countries if you have a visa or permission to travel to those countries by virtue of your citizenship.  TO return to the US to continue your process, you  need the advance parole.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.