What to do regarding a license to carry firearms reinstatement?

I am wondering if you might be able to provide me with a little insight with respect to a license to carry firearms reinstatement. I had a historical juvenile case, of which has since been sealed that caused the inability to obtain a license. Is it possible to file for reinstatement myself? What documents would I need? Would I have to file in juvenile court?

Asked on September 16, 2012 under Criminal Law, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney abut your prior juvenile record and the apparent order issued by the court precluding you from possessing a firearm and the petition seeking relief from that order. If the order issued out of the juvenile matter, then you need to file a petition with the court using that particular case number seeking relief from the order prohibiting you possessing firearms. The petition needs to be served on the district attorney's office that was prosecuting you previously.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.