What would be my options if my H1 gets declined?

My H1 has been filed for FY2014, but I haven’t got the result yet. My OPT and post OPT grace period has expired. Could it be possible take admission in any school while staying in US or I have to go back to country?

Asked on October 10, 2013 under Immigration Law, California


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You are permitted to remain in the US while the petition is pending.  If you want to get a decision sooner, you can convert the pending H-1B visa petition to premium processing for an additional filing fee to see what the outcome is.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.