What to do if the terms of my probation are not clear?

I was convicted of C Felony Robbery. The plea bargain I signed was 4 years active adult probation and a condition of my probation was that I complete the first year of probation on home detention. At the sentencing hearing the judge did not state that I be sentenced to home detention. I checked my transcripts and it states just 4 years probation, no home detention. My co-defendant signed the same plea bargain but on their transcripts it reads 4 years probation with 1 year home detention. So is there anyway they could place me on home detention or not?

Asked on September 23, 2012 under Criminal Law, Indiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Besides checking with the court transcripts as to the probation order, i suggest that you review the court file to see the court minutes and probation order from the hearing that you have written about. Whether or not the order and minutes reflect that you actually received home detention or not will reflect such.

You might consider consulting with a criminal defense attorney for further assistance on your matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.