Wen can I start working in the US?

I have had a valid B1/B2 tourist visa for 10 years and will be visiting the US in 2 months. I had my previous H-1B petition approved. Could I now get a change of status done from B1/B2 to my previous H-1B and start working immediately or do I have to wait for another 10 months to start full-time?

Asked on December 2, 2013 under Immigration Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

In order to start working in the United States you are required to change your current B1/B2 status to that of H-1B. I suggest that you consult with an immigrtion attorney in your locality for further help on the matter. One can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.