What to do if my husband was recently approached for a random ID check and was found to have a warrant for violation of parole?

On the info for inmate lookup for dept of corrections, there was something that confused me. In between charge and sever (underneath) was a capital F. Would you happen to know what this means?

Asked on September 24, 2012 under Criminal Law, New York


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

In the criminal justice system the term capital "F" typically means a felony as opposed to a misdemeanor or an infraction involving a given person. A felony is the worst charge for a person with a crime in that the penalty at a minimum exceeds six (6) months in jail and $1,000 of convicted.

If your husband seemingly has violated parole, he should consult immediately with a criminal defense attorney to assist him in his matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.