If I recently got convicted for an “open intoxicants” misdemeanor earlier this month, how do I get it off of my record?

I had a hard cider in the park and there were no vehicles involved. I went to court and pleaded guilty and the judge suspended the fine, which I would have rather paid the fine and gotten the misdemeanor put aside. Besides a few speeding tickets, I have clean record. I wasn’t offered a diversion program or anything in court. I just graduated with bachelors degree and am job hunting. I really need this off my record. Is there anyway that I can get this off my record and that it will not take 5 years to do it?

Asked on June 20, 2014 under Criminal Law, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Given the fact that you plead guilty to the charge you need to consult with a criminal defense attorney in your locality to see what can be done to set aside your guilty plea and resolve the situation to your liking. Such an attorney can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.