If I have been served with a no contact order and the police only gave me 20 minutes to retrieve my belongings, how can I get my remaining possessions?

Asked on September 21, 2012 under Family Law, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Since you have been served with a "no contact" order by law enforcement with the person who occupies the unit where your belongings are and you need them, the way you get what you desire is as follows:

1. contact a neutral third party to act as an intermediary for you to make contact with the person who occupies the unit where your belongings are to try and retrieve them for you so that you get what you want and are not in violation of the court order against you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.