If I’m divorced with split 50/50 custody, if my ex-wife lost her job can she get child support?

Currently, there is no child support; she pays daycare and I pay for the kids insurance. Also, some stuff like finances in decree haven’t been met what should I do?

Asked on July 16, 2015 under Family Law, Oklahoma


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It is difficult to give guidance without reading the marital settlement agreement and the support and custody provision.  But generally speaking, if the custodial parent has a change in circumstances that has an adverse affect on the child's support they can apply to the court for child support. State laws govern this though.  Seek help.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.