What motion would or could I file to have an inability to pay request thrown out, if the defendant lied on the inability to pay affidavit?

I was awarded a judgment in a civil suit against my old landlord that I filled. The defendant filed an appeal with the inability to pay (for the bond post) but lied on the Inability to pay affidavit. She said that she didn’t have any additional income, real property and only one checking account. However, in reality she has real property that she owns, a second checking account and businesses in her name.

Asked on October 17, 2013 under Bankruptcy Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to file documentation to appeal this decision or to reopen the matter by providing the relevant documentation. No documentation no reopening of the matter. Do not wait because you won't want your appeal period to end.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.