have a warrant for arrest for 2 counts of credit card fraud. My father made the charges against me. He also gave me power of attorney. In MS state

I made charges on credit cards with and without his permission. He is addicted to Oxycontin and also got me addicted. I am addicted to xanax also. I suffer from PTSD from being raped and am on disability for PTSD and COPD. I am very suicidal and need to seek professional help. the warrant is in Jackson county and i reside in CopiahCountyMS. The Sergeant I spoke with wants me to come to Pascagoula and turn myself in. He said he would try and get me before the judge and bond set the same day am in full cooperation Can I be committed? What happens to the charges when I’m hospitalized and in rehab

Asked on July 3, 2009 under Criminal Law, Mississippi


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

This sounds like a repeat post from last night.  Please, if you are seriously suicidal, get yourself committed and stay safe, this must be your first priority.  The criminal charges won't go anywhere, they will be put on hold until your release;  wherever you are committed, they will probably have social workers on staff who can talk to the police and the court for you, I can all but guarantee you won't be their first patient with a problem like this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.