How to bring my parent’s back for a visit?

My brother and I are living in the US. My brother had applied for visitors visa for my parents; they also have visited US 2 years back.Their visa status is still valid.Now my brother has moved to London for short term. I want to bring my parents to back here now for few months. Is it possible when my brother is not in the country?

Asked on November 5, 2012 under Immigration Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

So long as your parents' visa is valid to enter the United States for a visit there should be no problems with them getting a flight to this country and clearing customs to stay a bit pending the continuation of their visa being in effect. Your brother's absence from the United States will have no effect upon your parents' ability to come to the United States with a valid visa.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.