If I got rear-ended on the freeway while driving a rental car, should I also be asking for compensation for time off work and the time used to handle this claim?

Luckily there were no injuries. The other drivers insurance company has stated they will pay for the damages to the car directly to the rental car company. They have also offered to pay for 2 new child seats and one day car rental.

Asked on July 31, 2015 under Accident Law, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can receive compensation for your wage loss from the at-fault party's insurance carrier.  You will need to provide documentation of your wage loss from your employer.

You won't be able to recover compensation for time you spent on the claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.