What happens

since the judge has declined to allow me to testify via Skype and I haven’t the funds to travel?

I am going through a court trial regarding my divorce. I live in another state and with penalties, judgements and increased maintenance, I cannot meet these obligations nor do I have money to travel about 1500 miles away for additional court dates. If there is no money there is no money and the judge knows it.

Asked on March 30, 2017 under Family Law, Colorado


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Contact the judge's law clerk and inquire if you can do a telephone appearance instead of being physically present in court.
If that is acceptable to the court, ask what forms are required and the deadline for filing your request for a telephone appearance. If you miss the filing deadline your request will be denied.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.