getting my last payment wages from a company i previously worked for

Mayfield Express did not pay me my full payment of my last wages, when i left the company a week ago. I’m from Mount Carmel, PA and Mayfield Express is from Seville, OH.

Question is Where do i file my Small Court Claim against them ?

Asked on June 27, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Small claims courts have limited geographic jurisdication; also jurisdication would lay with the location of the employer and where you worked, which is where the harm (the failure to pay wages) occured. You would need to sue where the employer is located.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.