If I’m filing form I725 an received an appointment letter, do I need to do anything else?

I have a “temporary” green card (2 years). I supposed to file to remove temporary status to receive permanent green card for 10 years. Not knowing I filled I90 by mistake because I though that it was what I supposed to do when your green card expiring soon. After that I had biometric appt and thought I was done and just needed to wait. But later 10 days before expiration date I received a letter that I need to file I725 and provide proving documents (taxes, joint accounts, bills, photoes ect). So I did urgently. Now I received biometric appointment letter. Am I good at this point?

Asked on July 27, 2012 under Immigration Law, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written, it sounds that all you need to do is prepare for the meeting that you have with the representative for the Immigration and Naturalization Department. I suggest that you review carefully all applications and paper work you submitted and appear at least fifteen minutes early for the designated meeting.

If additional paper work is needed, you should be contacted well before the slated meeting to fill such out and submit it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.