What to do about falsified custody documents?

My ex forged my signature on a court document stating that I was giving him sole custody of our daughter to him. I have no idea who to go to to report this. Do I go to the court? To the police?

Asked on July 12, 2012 under Family Law, California


Cameron Norris, Esq. / Law Office of Gary W. Norris

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You need to hire an attorney and go to court.  This is a very serious allegation and will not be treated lightly by a judge.  You need to act though, the longer you wait, the less likely you will be able to have the order vacated.

If you are in the Ventura County area and need help, feel free to give me a call.

Cameron Norris, Esq.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.