What action can be taken if my employer has deducted for my IRA but no money has been put into it for 4 years?

Also, my employer is behind over $6500in pay this year.

Asked on September 18, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, New Jersey


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your pay checks have had deductions for IRA contributions over the past four (4) years but your retirement plan has not been funded by your employer, your recourse is to consult with an attorney who practices in the area of employment law and/or make a complaint with your local department of labor about the situation you have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.